Quick release notes:
- No 32bit binaries have been compiled for this release, if you have a 32bit system please continue running the v4 wallet.
- This wallet has not been skinned with Marvin's amazing UX yet, we should give him a breather before we expect that. It's rather basic looking in this release but is very functional and faster than any previous Verge QT wallet.
- With any PC that has previously ran a v4 QT wallet, the v4 blockchain data will have to be removed/replaced with the v5 data, the Lumos v5 wallet will not sync if v4 data is in place. Data can be downloaded directly from https://verge-blockchain.com/ and the data can be found on a windows system in %appdata%/verge/blocks and %appdata%/verge/chainstate
Downloading the Wallet:
Installing the Blockchain Data:
- NOTE: Any Windows machine that has been used with a Verge v4 QT wallet will have to have the v4 blockchain data removed and the Lumos v5 blockchain data installed for the Lumos v5 wallet to sync.
- Option1: You can use our handy batch file located here which will do all the work for you with just a few keypresses: https://github.com/vergecurrency/verge-core-installers/releases/download/5.0/win64_verge_v5_blockchain_installer.bat
- Option2: Alternately, you can browse to %appdata%/verge/blocks and recycle/rename/move those files elsewhere and do the same for %appdata%/verge/chainstate then download the most recent Lumos v5 blockchain data from https://verge-blockchain.com/ and unzip and copy the new data back into those folders.