How to: Install the latest Verge Qt Wallet — Mac High Sierra
Step 1- Download the wallet here:
link — VERGE-Qt-4–7–2018.dmg
- Open Finder and double click VERGE-Qt-4–7–2018.dmg file from the downloads folder.
- Click and drag VERGE to the Applications folder to the left:
THAT’S IT FOR STEP 1 — DON’T BE TEMPTED TO OPEN YOUR WALLET…
Step 2 — Download Blockchain: Pick any of the 2 servers.
- This will take some time. Wait for Blockchain to download before moving to Step 3.
Step 3 -Installing the Blockchain:
Download the file - verge_blockchain_download.py
- Go to Finder and drag the file verge_blockchain_download.py from Download folder to your Desktop.
- Open Spotlight Search on your Mac by selecting Command + SpaceBaron your keyboard.
- Type: Terminal and hit enter.
- Terminal opens up.
cd ~/Desktoppaste it in Terminal and hit enter.
python verge_blockchain_download.pypaste it in Terminal and hit enter.
- At this point you’re installing the blockchain, just wait as you see the % increase. You’re done once you see — copying extracted files.
Your installation is complete. Enjoy.
Having issues opening your wallet after these steps? Aight.
Step 4: Open Terminal.
In Terminal run these 4 commands separately starting with xcode-select --install
for OSX users who have issues on High Sierra, do this:
open the terminal and run following commands in the exact order:
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
brew install boost